Thursday 19 April 2012

Life as we know it


So I've just met a man called Eric. On first appearances he is a street hawker. A man selling paintings on the street. 
“Are these for sale?”
“No. I'm just taking art to people. Would you like to see?”
Eric is showing his paintings to people in the street for no other reason than he wants to show people his pictures. 




I guess that's the reason I post pictures on this blog. I had a formal art education (foundation focused on drawing and colour skills, then a three year degree focused on formal painting and art history). I've never shown my work after this period of education and I think this blog is an attempt to connect with an audience of sorts. 
I am planning a film at the moment which will show where I am at the half- way point in my life, or rather cover  some of the things I think about. 
Life is short and death follows us at every turn. I am lucky to be in a place in my life where I have a wealth of memories and experiences, but still have the possibility of more. My grandmother is 96 years old and has been old all my life. New experience is almost unknown to her, yet my grandfather ( other side ) is only just settling in to old age properly. I know which one I'll be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or add to any of the ideas expressed here. Please be nice where possible.