Monday 21 January 2013

Half way there

On Friday I turned 40. There's no way to really sugar coat it. I am now in my fifth decade. This is very fucking old. When I was a child there was no such thing as the Internet, or mobile telecommunications.

Anyway. This means I feel the need to have achieved something in my life. I'm not saying I haven't achieved anything, but I really haven't achieved that much.

Nearly two years ago I cycled the length of the country. This is the kind of thing I should be doing. Exploring, or testing myself. I spent almost all of yesterday with a hangover reformatting this iPad. That is not cool. That is a very middle aged thing to be doing with my weekend.

I had a lovely birthday meal with the lovely Miss S and then she had organised a party and a day out at the London bike show. I got drunk. Very drunk. It was epic...

Thanks a bunch to all my lovely friends. I love you all and here's to many more years of silliness and achieving things that don't really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or add to any of the ideas expressed here. Please be nice where possible.