Thursday 28 August 2014

Post triathlon blues and a thank you to the NHS

I have pretty much been limping since the triathlon. I'm starting to walk normally again and am not quite as depressed as I was straight after the event. Finishing something you have been training for and then watching your fitness decline sharply, because of injury, is quite demoralising in a way I wasn't expecting.



I’ve been to casualty, fracture clinic, sports injury clinic and physiotherapy.  I've been back in to hospital because a second opinion (unsolicited within the hospital) wanted convincing I wasn't fractured; and I’m currently waiting for an MRI before my physio programme is finalised.

If I had gone private all this would be sorted by now, but that misses the point somewhat. I have been treated by professionals keen, not only to get me back on my feet and make me a productive worker, but to make me back into the person I want to be.

All free at the point of service.

No one needs to get rich to make healthcare a worthwhile end in and of itself.


We have one of the best healthcare systems in the world and it is being dismantled in a single term of government. A government nobody voted for, of which neither party prioritised demolition of the current system of healthcare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or add to any of the ideas expressed here. Please be nice where possible.