Monday 6 September 2010

weekend wondering


I managed to miss the London Skyride this last weekend (due my bike still being in pieces after a recent attack by vandals). It is an amazing experience. For those that have not been before, it is cycling through a traffic free loop of central London with thousands of other cyclists.

My concern with this event however is indicative of my general concerns about the mayor and tfl. Why the sponsorship... the money (I know). We now have a Skyride and a Barclays bike hire scheme. Why can’t we do anything without a massive corporate logo on it. I wouldn’t mind, but the mayor’s office has branded the bike lanes in barclay’s blue. It won’t be long before all bike lanes, racks and signage is branded. We can build motorways, but painting the road for bikes requires a sponsor.




After a very dignified tea party for Jess’s 30th birthday... we had a very undignified evening in Barrio North. Noisy latin themed cocktail bars aren’t normallt my thing, but when the mojhito’s are this strong I found I soon got into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or add to any of the ideas expressed here. Please be nice where possible.